Monday, March 31, 2008

Ten Pretty Girls

Ten Pretty Girls was a beauty contest in Jersey City, New Jersey in the 1930's. My grandmother once won the contest and got to ride on a float in a parade and it was one of the proudest moments of her life. Despite the fact that she grew up in the Depression, was one of 9 kids, and lived on a fixed income for much of her life, she was the most stylish woman I've ever known and will always be an icon of glamour for me.

This blog is in honor of her and will deal with living a stylish life on a budget. I'm hoping the economy won't get so bad that we'll all have to learn to be stylish on a Depression-era budget, but I'll save those fears for a political blog.

1 comment:

russelllindsey said...

This is such a great idea for a blog! Thanks for adding me! I'll add yours to my blog roll too.

Lindsey