Saturday, March 7, 2009

Most Coveted: 5 Inch Heels (alice + olivia for Payless)


I've been really, really good about not spending money on unnecessary stuff lately, but 5 inch heels are a necessity in my world, and the winter versions are beginning to show their age. Fortunately I just found a kick-ass pair of more springlike shoes online at Payless, for under $40 and they even have designer street cred.

This pair of shoes by alice + olivia (they're calling it a platform slingback bootie-- I agree with the platform and slingback but I'd say it's more of a stylized stacked heel clog than a bootie)has a padded insole for comfort, and is the perfect thing to feminize (but not too much) your stovepipe jeans and leather jackets for those Saturday night bar band pilgrimages. They come in at just under 5 inches (4.75" to be exact)but I can't pass them up. Note to designer Stacey Bendet: a white version of these would be even better.

No comments: