Friday, April 25, 2008

CSP Ecume de The $30 off at Luckyscent!


I am one of those annoying people that isn't happy with something unless it's perceived as rare and exotic, which explains why I live half an hour outside of New York City and yet I order most of my fragrances and beauty products from stores in L.A., even when many of them are available at my local mall (the world class Mall at Short Hills).

Part of this is the continued influence of the late, great alt.fashion, which taught us the whole world was our playground (one of my favorite parts of participating was the international swaps for products that weren't locally accessible), and another part is my own personal quirk of needing to be seen as unique. At any rate, this habit has led me to some great stores, like Beautyhabit and Luckyscent (I'm not so crazy about the trend of smushing words together like that, but that's the residual influence of my mother the English teacher). CSP is definitely available at Short Hills, but how much more fun is it to get a package in the mail from L.A., especially one that includes free samples? Besides, Luckyscent has this fragrance that sounds perfect for spring and summer on sale now at $80, marked down from $110:

Ecume de The has notes of bergamot, lemon leaf, hibiscus, lotus, orange pekoe tea, mate, and tea wood. Just reading the description reminds me of a couple of my happiest summers, when I worked at a day camp in the country (wisely choosing an office position there because it was air-conditioned, but I had any number of reasons to go outside and walk around the beautiful grounds several times a day). There was a local deli that had a delicious custom blend of iced tea that I drank every day, and this fragrance transports me back to that time and place like Proust and his madeleines. I can't think of anything I'd rather wear for summer, and the sale price makes it all the more attractive.

No comments: