Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wishlist: Vintage Claude Montana Leather Jacket


Around these parts I used to be known as "that girl with the red leather jacket." Said red leather jacket was a store brand from Lord and Taylor and cost $300, which was a lot to me at the time and is again, considering the current economy, but it was worth it because whenever I had nothing to wear I could just throw it on over anything, put on a pair of gold hoops and look put together instantly. I literally cried when it got so worn out I had to put it to sleep, but this will happen if you wear something virtually every day through three seasons of three years.

I admit it, I don't have $1,250 to spend on clothes for the year right now, never mind on one leather jacket, but a girl can dream, can't she? If I did I'd be the proud owner of this vintage Claude Montana leather jacket from Katy Kane Vintage and Couture Clothing. If that little department store number did so much for me, imagine what life would be like in this figure-flattering and attention-getting one of a kind designer piece? I'd feel like Emma Peel...I can't imagine anything better for catching criminals or breaking hearts.

Katy Kane Vintage is a sponsor of the upcoming Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show on April 25th and 26th at the Metropolitan Pavilion. You can bet I'll be buying a lot of scratch-off lottery tickets between now and then in the hopes of walking away with this one.

No comments: