Saturday, May 24, 2008

Blog Carnival: A Trip Around With Worldstock From Overstock.com


I've shopped at Overstock.com for shoes before but I never noticed their extensive jewelry selection until the Blog Carnival pointed me in that direction. Not only do they have great prices on regular fine jewelry, they also have an extensive collection of unique handcrafted pieces from around the world inside a section called Worldstock, which also features home decor. While a few of my friends are going on foreign jaunts starting this Memorial Day weekend, I'm stuck here in New Jersey with unseasonably cold weather, so I'm going to have to get my travel fix from surfing the web with my Blog Carnival buddies.

Stevie from LA Story selected a gorgeous amethyst Roman glass bracelet (it also comes in turquoise) that fills me with longing for the sea glass I would normally be at the beach searching for this weekend if the weather were cooperating. Stella from Well Above Average picked a coolly modern freshwater pearl necklace from Israel that is elegant, simple and versatile. Tami from fête à fête chose a beautiful pearl and carnelian sea treasure necklace that truly is a treasure (and sigh, there go those sea references again).

My pick is this "Muse" pearl and tiger's eye matrix necklace from Thailand, and not just because I'm so behind in my writing that I could really use a muse right now. There's just something about the hardware on it that's so appealing to me...it looks like something a princess in a fantasy novel would wear that would turn into a magic key when she most needed it, and I can wear it to my local Thai restaurant for a little much-needed heat right now.

Sandra from Debutante Clothing is up next and I can't wait to see her choice!

No comments: