Friday, May 9, 2008

In Honor of Mother's Day, Forget MOTB-- My Mom Looks Hot!


I've been having issues lately with the fact that I'm about to turn forty, but seeing my mother the other day in the gown she bought for my sister's wedding swept all my worries away! Shopping for a mother-of-the-bride dress is hard. The styles tend to veer towards two extremes-- short and skimpy for women who hope to be mistaken for their daughter's teenaged sister, or long, heavy and voluminous (I would call it grandmother of the bride but my grandmother had way more style than that!).

My mom found a gown by Junnie Leigh that is a true knockout while still being classic and elegant. It's a navy-blue hourglass shape with a halter bodice and discreet silver sun blast detailing on the front. It comes with a bolero jacket for upper-arm coverage, but I'm still trying to convince her she doesn't need the jacket; the gown is amazing with or without. She's a modest person so when she asked me what I thought I told her she was beautiful in it, but my honest gut response was, "Wow, Mom, you look hot!" Her gown isn't pictured on the site, but I promise to post pictures of the real thing after the wedding. In the meantime, check out this similar look in silk shantung with beaded v-neck bodice.

No comments: